Health promotion training
We offer a range of health promotion courses, which are suitable for anyone working in:
- primary and community health
- social care
- mental health
- police and criminal justice
- voluntary organisations that support these service areas.
The courses help to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to improve the health of people living in your area.
To see what training is on offer, and for more detailed course information, look at our online booking system - Brighton & Hove Learning Gateway.
Health promotion courses available
- Advanced Behaviour Change
- Introduction to Making Every Contact Count (MECC)
- RSPH Level 2 Supporting Behaviour Change
- RSPH Level 2 Understanding Health Improvement
- Alcohol Screening, Brief Advice & Interventions
- Blood Borne Viruses & Safer Injecting
- Current Trends (including PIEDs, NPS & Chemsex)
- Domestic Abuse & Substance Misuse
- Drug & Alcohol Basic Awareness
- Dual Diagnosis: Mental Health & Substance Misuse
- Motivational Interviewing: Facilitating Behaviour Change around Drugs & Alcohol
- Prescription & Over-the-Counter Medication
- Supporting People with Problem Gambling & Substance Misue Issues
- Working with Older People who use Substances
- Chemsex amongst Men who have Sex with Men (MSM)
- C-Card (free condom scheme) training
- HIV Awareness
- Older People & HIV
- Physical Activity
- Smoking Cessation
- Oral Health Awareness
If your team or organisation would benefit from a training session that is more targeted to your needs we may be able to provide a bespoke session. If you are interested please contact email@example.com or 01273 291460.
Have a look at our printable health promotion poster [PDF 205KB].
How to apply - our online booking system
You will need to book your place on the Brighton & Hove Learning Gateway. If you haven't already registered for a free account you will need to - this only takes a few minutes.
Courses are currently free to staff who work in Brighton & Hove within one or more of the following areas:
- Health Services
- Higher Education (colleges, sixth forms, universities)
- Community & Voluntary Sector
- Brighton & Hove City Council
Staff who work in the private sector or outside of Brighton & Hove are also welcome to apply but there is a cost involved.
Health promotion library
Library Services at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals Trust provide books, journals, health promotion leaflets, DVDs, models and posters to support these courses. They can also provide literature searches and current awareness and information skills training.
If you would like to speak to someone about these courses
- telephone 01273 291460
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- address: 3rd Floor Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, Brighton BN1 1JE