Any premises which stores, prepares, produces, cooks or sells food must comply with strict hygiene standards.Our Food Safety Team is responsible for ensuring that all food sold in Brighton & Hove is clean and safe to eat.
Food Safety Matters email newsletter
COVID-19: Food safety guidance
- Food safety takeaway and deliveries guidance
- Guidance for voluntary groups for safe food handling
- Guidance on closing food businesses
- Guidance for food businesses on Coronavirus from Public Health England
How you can help
The council’s Food Safety team is linking in with the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership to help get food to older, isolated and vulnerable members of the community during this time.
In particular, the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership is looking for donations of food, equipment and kitchen consumables, like cleaning equipment and packaging.
We are contacting local supermarkets separately.
Find more information on how you can help in the coronavirus pandemic from the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership website.
You can also find other opportunities to volunteer on their website.
Food safety information
Contact the team
Please contact us if you can't find the information you're looking for:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01273 294 416 or 01273 294 491